Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why Couldn't Snow White be with Cinderella?

The most beatiful things in life are the unexplainable things. Words are just words; created to express what the mind is thinking and to utter what is needed to say. Every human being needs words to be heard and be understood. But words are not enough to capture the entity of my feelings; of my LOVE - on how it could break rules, shake boundaries and how it could chose another path.... the path that people take because of fear of indifference, the fear to be judged wrongly and be cast out because you"re not going to "FIT IN" with the crowd. That is all because I chose to love my same kind.....Meaning, I appreciate more my same sex or same gender, anyway you'd like to describe it....I am a girl....She's a girl and we both loved each other. What's wrong with the picture? age doesn't matter so why not "gender doesn't matter"?
We already got the whole idea that it's not the usual boy-girl relationship. Is there anything wrong in sometimes going beyond what is usual? Why need of ridiculing us just because we're born to be different? Meaning, just because we're just a minority part of the society then we are already acceptable to be part of it.The sad truth is, there'll always be that stigma that discriminates. I believe that we only fear what we don't understand.Deletion of the ignorance is an important aspect in the process of acceptance.
In this day and age, the world is so chaotic that leads to a lot of misunderstandings because nobody seems to to take the time in opening their minds. It is so hard to believe that Ken couldn't love Barbie because he's in love with another Ken? It may not be the kind of match we see everyday but if only you could sit down and talk to them then you'd be fascinated on how intelligent and beautiful they were....So let's not hate Snow White if she is not waiting for the Prince Charming anymore not because she left her glass slipper and I found it but because we found love in its most mysterious, peculiar definition of it.
I respect that we are all entitled the right to express our own opinion. Express if you must but leave something for me too because I'm writing this believing that I am living in a democratic country that recognizes freedom of speech.You may believe what I say or not, I don't care because I know that from this article a lot of eyebrows will raise. I will just trust that you will have a pretty good head on top of your neck so use it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment